Why I love using Honey as face wash:
- it's the ONLY thing that doesn't dry out or enflame my skin.
- even with my combination skin, it keeps the dry parts moist and the oily parts moisturized.
- my skin is incredibly soft afterwards.
- the Honey's natural anti-microbial properties help clean away acne nasties, gently and naturally.
- the gentle scrub also means it's delicate on my fragile (and to be fair, wisening) facial skin cells.
- it's healing properties has worked wonders for my rosacea.
- it's extremely affordable.
- my 'face honey' comes from a local farmer who just strained it into the jar and who's bees pollinate the flowers and property of neighbouring organic farms!
- it tastes DIVINE.
(Check out Crunchy Betty's Honey Face Wash Challenge for more details and info!)
Recently I've stepped up my attempts to get Andrew to try it as well. Weirdly, the men I know just don't wash their faces... I've tried (subtly) to get him to use almost anything on his face... with limited success.
For the past two weeks, for the first time in his 32 years, Andrew has been washing his face every other day. With Honey.
What convinced him to try it?
I told him it tasted yummy and that sometimes, somehow the honey just got in my mouth while I washed my face.
What? Something sugar-y to add to his shower experience? He was IN. I gave him a quick tutorial: put a quarter sized dollop in hand, rub onto face in gentle circular motions with ends of fingers, rinse with water or wash cloth.
He recently admitted the other night to maybe licking his entire hand sometimes while in the shower.
Now if only I could find a small suction cup basket ball net to put over the laundry basket....
article and photograph copyright of EcoYogini at ecoyogini.blogspot.com